Hey yous!
This week we had a lot of refreshing rain to cool off the ridiculous heat waves
and also heaps of revelation with Zone Conference, Stake Conference, and ya
know... meeting two general authorities from the Seventy to prep me up to meet
ELDER NELSON IN 3 DAYS.
So what
is all this revelation? Where to start? Seeing President and Sister Lew was the
best. They are SO lovely. Sis Lew said I'm the pillar here in Canberra keeping
it all together but honestly, I feel like I'm cracking haha Then President gave
me a what if ultimatum about me leaving Canberra or staying another transfer
but with my current companion. I said for the people and my teaching pool and
for my companion, I would stay. Not sure if I'm regretting that comment or
not... But we find out this Saturday
which means next Pday will be my Tuesday and then Monday for all of yous!
Zone Sisters
Then
Stake Conference with Elder Oreadin (sp?) and Elder Pearson of the Seventy was
INCREDIBLE. Totally pumped me up for missionary work and I'm already a missionary,
so I'm hoping members feel the same. Elder Oreadin just happened to be here for
the last Stake Conference as well and guess what... so was Sister Rushing! When
he shook my hand he was like "We have meet before Sis. Rushing" and I
was dumbfounded like "Yes, we haaaave..?" and then he told me I was a
face not to forget! #SeventyStarStruck But great insights like "You can't
see what you aren't looking for" when praying for opportunities, and then
how we have to remember EVERYONE has accepted the gospel because heck, we are
here on earth aren't we?! It really struck me how he said every one of us, has
a spirit that knows EVERYTHING! It is just our mortal amnesia that doesn't
allow us access to everything it knows, but through the Holy Ghost we can
learn. Then his rule of 7's is the BEST. People need 7 experiences to generally
accept the gospel, so stop looking for just the 6’s and 7’s when the
missionaries ask you if you know anyone. TRUST ME YOU KNOW PEOPLE. I'm from a
different part of the world, so when members say they don't know anyone I can
easily reply "TELL ME ABOUT IT." Haha So that puts a spin on things.
Who are the 4’s and 5’s you know? Even the 3’s? Who do you know that is NOT
interested in the gospel? And remember it’s a message everyone has accepted before
and a message everyone needs to hear.
Also they
reorganized our Stake Presidency, obviously. Our bishop is now the Stake
President (Belco ward represent!) and one of his counselors is also another
current bishop. So heaps of changes right now, and lots of emotions. I couldn't
help but think of Dad and the stress of having to be bishop let alone be bishop
and a stake president for the week! haha So new bishop this Sunday. Also
another shout out to my Dad, totally used something from the "Power
of Everyday missionaries" book you had me read pre-mish. A member said how
do I help my friends who think everything is going good and that they don't
need the gospel? So I was able to respond to try to flip it around and
tell them that the gospel needs them and get them involved helping you
with a talk, an activity, etc.
Teaching
pool updates! Trish is sick (dumb adversary) so we will probably push back her
baptismal date a week or two. Alek is great. Still rock solid. Our lady that
knows everything but likes to pray to that other Jesus finally came to
church again and loved it. And our recent convert Stacey, her husband Jordan
and baby Keanu are just doing fantastic! :)
And now a
miracle of course! We were going to contact a referral a member found
that had a Book of Mormon but missionaries never returned. But I felt prompted
to grab another Book of Mormon before going there anyways. Met her mom
actually, visiting from Nigeria, who recognized our church name from Nigeria,
she is going home soon but wanted a book. Well conveniently I had one and
showed her how to get in contact with missionaries back there. Her spirit was
not only so strong you could feel it, but you could also see it in her eyes!
I love
this gospel. I love being a missionary and becoming more like my Savior in the
most minimal ways possible everyday. It hit me this week how much this mission
is preparing me for my future, to continue to be a missionary the rest of my
life, to continue strengthening my testimony and continuing to try to be more
like him. To wrap up this week I want to share this quote with all of yous and
my testimony that I know what I am doing is the work of the Lord and that this
is HIS work and I get the blessing to be an instrument in his hands as his work
is hastened. I am so blessed.
-Sister
Rushing :)
"Every
challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens
to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, every
disappointment and heartache, every temptation and every opposition happens for
one purpose only: to give you an opportunity to respond by applying in your
life the teachings of Jesus. As you do so you are changed to become more like
him." - Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge
We bought matching "Bon Jour" night gowns, dedicated to the Tahitian sister who speaks French
P.S.Then
I got the most amazing v-day packages from Mom and Dad and Grandma CC on,
get this, Valentines Day. How perfect? Thanks for still figuring out a way to
get flowers to me dad and for being the most creative person in the world mom.
And grandma, the acai berries came at the perfect time as I was just finishing
off my other package from Christmas. Kate and Maddawg, thanks for being the
best. Your reply will be on its way :)
P.S.S. I
kind of want "Say my name" lyrics. Because I want to change them to
"Saw my badge" haha
This sister kept being mistaken for me, so what did she do? She died her hair so she isn't blond anymore. Am I really that bad? haha Just kidding but its a good joke between us :)
I'm watching my portions at these Samoan/Tongan feeds but had to take a pic. The Otei (the drink) is the bomb. Its like watermelon, any fruit you want, with water and heaps of sweetened condensed milk! haha Yum. But don't worry I had 3 servings of plates like this so I wasn't rude ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment