We are all children of God



Hey hey!
Do yous ever have those moments where you just find yourself driving, looking at everyone and realizing that they all are children of God? That we all accepted his plan to come to this earth? And that we all have the light of Christ that will point every one of us to the truth that our spirit already knows? Well I do! Quite often actually. Just on the way here. It reminded me of a really cool lesson we had with some members last night and asked for a referral in a different sense of "Who do you know that is NOT interested in the gospel?" Because in reality one day every knee shall bow and tongue shall confess that they always knew it to be true. Kinda cool to look at missionary work from that perspective. 
(We like stir-fry...everyday we make it)


BUT I won't give the day by day this week, sorry Mum. I just want to highlight a few really cool miracles we experienced this week.
(Sister Brewer exchange: also had heaps of good street contacts with all the people from the MIddle East here so thought we'd get some Arab bread while we were at it!)


I was on exchange with Sister Brewer and we went to check a potential that we have NEVER have found home. So we wrote a note, stuck it to the door and went back to the car, where I was so determined to find the How Great Thou Art that Carrie Underwood sings for her. While I am searching away, Sister Brewer turns to me and is like... I think that is her... I turn around and see Ivana waving the sticky note in the air jumping and smiling. She is a miracle. She was at Hungry Jacks a few months back and overheard the Samoan elders teaching a lesson. She moved closer and closer until she joined the lesson. They then didn't get all her contact info until they ran into her again and then passed it to us. Then we never could get in touch with her because as a young single mum, she never answers the door. But when we knocked this time she was thinking about how it might be her friend she met the other day on the bus who said she might stop by. She then ran out and saw us. It was a great first lesson and she accepted to prepare herself to be baptized on the 27th of September. She has meet with JW's previously but this just clicks with her so well she said. On our next visit 2 days later we finished teaching the restoration. We watch the DVD and she said she felt so much peace and knows it is true. What a miracle.
(With Sister Fotualii after our awesome lesson with Jason!)


Then on exchange with Sister Fotuali'i we had another miracle lesson. He was an investigator we couldn't really get in touch with since I came to this area and our ward mission leader, who knows him, just said to drop him for some time but I was feeling prompted to go and see him. He has been going through different eye surgeries the last 4 months, and can't really do anything as he recovers but think about this search for truth that he knows he is on. We stood on his doorstep for a good 45 minutes in the pouring rain (which he couldn't really see, or feel since he was under the ledge... awkward) asking us one inspired question after another. His name is Jason, he is in his 30s, Samoan and is so genuine. He asked all the bible bashing questions in such a different spirit out of sincere questioning. Everything we managed to say was exactly the answer he was looking for (man I love the Holy Ghost!). I love how prepared people are, some like Jason, know that they are on a search and are finding it, and others are finding what they didn't even know they were looking for.

This ZTM Sister Pagnin and I trained on becoming a purpose minded missionary through commitments, especially baptism. It is more than just the end of the first lesson but it is setting the expectation in the first few moments of the lesson, committing at the end, setting a date and following up... EVERY TIME. It is really helping us find those that are prepared. Like Ivana and Jason. We also were able to get a soft commitment out of one of our Iranian investigators, Jeanie, last night, and our "less active" that never received the gift of the Holy Ghost is willing to try to stop smoking to work towards that and then Wen is just incredible. We only have to teach her a few things from lesson 5 now, which we teach before baptism and then Tithing and Fasting. 2 more weeks! How crazy is that?! 


Well I am loving serving in the beautiful Fairfield (ok, compared to my last 2 area's I can't really say that based on the surroundings but I can for the people). It is so diverse and has really strengthened my testimony of how chosen each of us are to come to the earth at this day and age. I hope the Lord will allow me to continue to serve here. We are reaping and sowing and soon to be harvesting. We are working hard and don't you worry Dad I will come home completely exhausted :) The members here are incredible too and we are so so blessed. I think we had the most member-present lessons I have had my whole mission in one week. We had 9! That is pretty much half of our monthly goal haha!  And it is not about the numbers at all but the quality- and that is the best part. We were able to have had over 6 different members come out with us that were perfect fellowship for each of these investigators. Go out with the missionaries every chance you get. Cass especially! It is such a neat experience to see all the work you can do to find those brothers and sisters that are prepared, with or without a badge. 

I love you all, I love this work, I love this gospel. I just stop sometimes and think, "I just love being a missionary." The church is true. 

Love, Sister Rushing xx


P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SMARTEST and FUNNIEST KID I HAVE EVER KNOWN! I love you Layton! Thinking of you today and so glad you got the letter in time :) I can't believe how grown up you have gotten and I am so so so proud of you! I'm so lucky to be your big sister :)

No comments:

Post a Comment