Family and Friends,
Enjoy the daily letters from the MTC before I go MIA in a
kangaroo pouch in the outback. I also
forgot to mention I ran into Matt Martain yesterday who works here. He said he might even be teaching my
district! The teachers here are more my
age than these 18 year old elders in my district. I’m officially the oldest. When I’m the old mature one you know
something's up.
Day 2 and I’m tired!
We stay busy here. I wish I
brought my diet coke from my flight to the classroom today. We had personal study for 5 hours! And personal time (showers, journals,
letters, etc) for ½ hour. You really
learn when you put on that tag every morning, that the day is going to be all
about others and coming to Christ, not yourself. We are set apart from the world.
I love that clip from the Elder Holland talk we watched
today. We want investigators to pray
harder and the Lord wants you to pray harder.
We want investigators to read their scriptures more sincere, and the
Lord wants you to read your scriptures more sincere, etc. The only “me” is stalking fellow sisters to
take pics with and working on my relationship with the Savior and my Father in
Heaven so I can help those in Australia.
But get this craziness – my district wants to do a fast for
our visas. Uh, What? No thank you.
I don’t mind going to the states and giving up food for a visa for a
day? Not worth it! Mom is totally right when she said the MTC is
…sit, sit, sit, eat. Sit, sit, sit,
eat. If we fast – we will just sit….and
I’ll die!
But also ran into Sister Rebekah Tucker and Sister Kimberly
Foote!
OK, so BIG NEWS. 2
THINGS…get ready!
1)
My companion and I are the sister version of
zone leaders for our zone. Getting in
the zoneeeeeee!
2)
No visa.
Reassignment comes Thursday or Friday!
Now waiting for a call all over again.
Staying super positive (this is what I’ve wanted right?) but my
heart still dropped a little that I won’t be going straight to Sydney. But I anticipate getting my reassignment
(they are submitted to apostles again, same personal process) and receive
confirmation that’s where the Lord needs me the next 6 weeks or until my visa
comes.
THANK YOU FOR DEAR ELDER LETTERS!
I got them and felt so popular and loved. Friends please make an account and select
Provo MTC as my mission. It is free,
they deliver daily and I feel so loved!
This gospel is true.
Day 2 was longer but I love it.
My branch President here said there is something special about our
district. These girls, I mean sisters,
are my best friends these 10 days and I love them to death. And my district elders are my little bro’s. I will set Cass up with them if she WRITES ME
(feel guilty yet?)
Love you! Love
God! Love Christ! Love this experience! Thanks for your love, prayers and
support. I’m praying for you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment