Short and Sweet


Family and Friends and those still following my mission!
This week will be short. I promise. I am trying to redeem myself. Or at least organize it so you can read what interests you. Trying to be user friendly here eh? I know I talk too much :)
PEOPLE: Everybody's drunk. Seriously. We are dropping some of the investigators we found and are looking for some more, hopefully ones willing to keep commitments and not just get baptized because they are under the influence and like my accent. haha
I MISS: The temple!!! I have grown so accustomed to going like twice a week and now its been like 2 months. Hopefully we will get to go soon :) Oh and country music, I am teaching Sis. Soriano all the songs though while tracking. Oh and all my loved ones of course!
FOOD: I  am eating more vegetables. So thats probably a big change from the pre-mission me. I am especially liking Capsicums (peppers)... grilled with lots of oil and salt of course ;) Also milo over vanilla icecream. #HEAVEN. I also ate crab. But not like legs, like a full on crab. Very different.
THE WEATHER: It rained this week! Like a good ole Northwest sprinkle. We rode our bikes in it, the rain seemed a lot harder when riding in it, so I pulled out my shades. Yeah, that was me looking cool biking in the rain with my shades and helmet. We also did some yardwork service in that rain, so it really felt like home ;)



FUNNY THINGS!
Sis Soriano: Do you watch American Idol?
Me: No....
Sis. Soriano: But, you're an American....?


We went to teach a less active and the old Samoan grandma opened the door. She didn't remember us. Stranger
danger. She started closing the door on us slowly saying you can't come in. So funnnnnnny.
We went to a baptism and there was no one there to play piano. Sis Davis plays about as much as I and the songs were hymns with sharps. We both HATE sharps. So I played right hand with the pedal and she did left. It was quite comical. Also the font was only filled up to about the guys knees- but don't worry, he went all the way under the first time, immersion- just like Christ showed us and how it should be, despite a low-filled font! :)


OTHER EVENTS THIS WEEK:
We had interviews with Pres Lew and his wife. The sweetest people ever! I love them. They seem to like my positive attitude and enthusiasm despite having no real success :) But I am working hard and loving it!!
Sis Soriano made up a rap. Yes, I am a Mormon rapper. It is stellar. We recorded it. I will try to get that to you some how so I can become a youtube sensation.
And I spoke in church! It was on familty prayer. Everyone seemed to really like it so hopefully it built up more of the ward's confidence in me. I am so blessed to come from a family that is so strong. I know we aren't perfect at family prayer but it did happen. I read a cool story about a missionary abandoned in Fiji waiting to go to Samoa. He prayed and prayed and prayed and his prayer then seemed to transport him back to his family far off in Idaho.  Where they were on their knees asking to bless him on his mission. Shortly after, he found the Fiji elders who straightened everything out. When I first read that it made me tear up (and it is a much cooler story then my short summary i just gave, tear worthy i promise) because I KNOW the strength of family prayers. I feel all of your prayers everyday and it gives me so much strength. Don't deny your families of these blessings. Pray together twice a day, no matter what! That is for you too family ;)
Again, I know this church is true. I know this is where the Lord needs me and I am willing to do whatever He needs me to do and am grateful for the honor I have to be His missionary.
LOVE YOU ALL!
Sister Rushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment