CHRISTMAS
-Christmas Conference with whole mission Monday. So fun. But the variety show was def a "variety" show from singing hymns, tahitian dances (awkward, sister missionaries should not be doing that haha), hakas, to magic shows haha Tried to put together a sweet as dance to Do you Hear what I hear in one hour. It wasn't enough time to perfect it to perform but at least our whole zone liked it. Brought back dance crew memories from Homecoming week at Union haha
-Christmas eve sleepover at our flat! 6 sisters, 4 matresses, one floor. Oh and opened everything at midnight #noshame #practicingpatience
-Christmas eve and day was busy visiting all the members who wanted to see/feed us. We even got in trouble for not going to everyone's house that wanted us.
-Highlight was skyping home. Love my fam. Didn't realize how much I've missed them/you until we skyped but loved it! Love you!
-Thanks for all the gifts and packages. Esp with how expensive postage is here. I felt the love indeed though. Thank you cards should be on their way! Also heaps from the ward. I got a jewelry box, earrings, bracelet, perfume, lotion, lollies, etc.
Even dried mangos from Costco! So when I got the Acai berries from Mom, prayers were answered and I had the perfect costco combination!
-Favorite gift (even though I shouldn't play favorites) would have to be the testimony book my mom put together. Thanks to all my extended family for your inspiring, loving words and beautiful testimonies!
-We went caroling to less actives, randoms, and investigators we are teaching with a group in the ward as well. It reminded me of my favorite family tradition caroling at the nursing home. Biggest miracle though- Sis Holtz and I felt prompted to sing at this super depressed referral we got. Like so depressed she won't even open her door. So we continue to knock, heart attack, anything and everything. When we went to carol, she answered. Loved the carol and wanted us to come back and carol later that night. Hope to follow up with her soon :)
-Also Christmas night we went to take pics up Mt. Ainsley with the zone and go see the house that holds the Guinness world record for most Christmas lights :)
MISSIONARY WORK and FUNNY THINGS
-Was feeling burnt out in area. Was wanting a change, feeling too comfortable, etc. But then BOOM miracles. Especially because it was hard for me to drop teaching people I have worked with 6 months that aren't progressing. So now I want to stay another 6 weeks. haha #bipolar
-So these miracles= new investigators! One is a middle aged total hippie lady. Parents were members, believes church is true, but feels unworthy (not an issue at all- yay!) Another is a less active 17 year old we go visit every Sunday with dinner. Her parents invited their neighbor over last week and again this week. Keen to learn. Then this last week, their daughter also brought a friend who is atheist but wants to meet with us. Then we had a referral to see a lady that is so golden. Catholic but is looking for something else that answers all her questions. We only had an hour before our next appt. but all her questions were SO good and 110% answered by our church.
-Our investigator we are trying to set a baptism date with, the super spiritual one, who like loves all religions but finds most truth in ours and apparently sees a beam of light when she reads the Book of Mormon (dats cool, dats cool), well curve ball... she prays to another guy that is like another Jesus.
-We had an appt. with our Sudanese family that all works at Hunger Jacks (the BK here). And they weren't home. So we were like sweet as, now we have time for dinner. Went to Hunger Jacks, she just got off work and sat down and had a lesson with us. #stalkerstatus But seriously what is up with Hunger Jacks, the spirit is strong there. haha That is where we also had the lesson with the less active 19 year old who from that day forth changed his whole life around in 4 weeks haha
-Also found a guy in other ward keen to be baptized. Passed him over to their sisters now. So he won't be ours but who cares, another saved soul! From middle east, and we heard he is reading the Book of Mormon like crazy in Persian!
-It has been really hot lately. So blessed with a car with AC but alot of people don't have AC. So remembered an old lady in the ward that would probably have AC, taught her a lesson and then she played piano for us. We were so smashed we thought we were gonna fall asleep. But then we took pics sleeping and it totally amped us up for the rest of the day :)
-Gave atheist, anti mormon, husband of the less active family we went up the Mt. with and have been working with alot a Book of Mormon for Christmas with our testimonies and favorite scriptures. He accepted it and read our favorite and appreciates our perspectives and might just read it! He even invited us back to continue visiting! Yay! Walking on eggshells as a missionary is quite the adrenaline rush haha
RANDOM
-Taro flavored bubble tea with pearls #noughsaid
-Sis Holtz died my hair again. Its like ombre status now. Don't know how I feel about it quite yet!
-Yes I have been bipolar lately, wanna stay... wanna go... transfers in 2 weeks so we will see! The Lord knows best.
-I love you. All of you. So much. Hope your Christmas was great and white. Stay warm and I'll stay cool.
The church is so true! This brings happiness. I loved how last night that atheist friends of the less active we have dinner with mentioned she admires the happiness, contentment and fulfillment we all have as members of the church. It is true. It is happiness. Even during the hard times, I know how to find the good, I know God's plan for me and what more could you want? So blessed :)
-Sister Rushing
Australia has the best Sunsets!
Had to get our picture here with this street sign - totally worth setting up our camera on a dumpster for a timer shot.
Found a great place for my Pres. Monson Quote!
A Huntsman Spider!
And I thought the spider was big!






















No comments:
Post a Comment