Bargains and Blessings

Hey hey! 

Let's cut to the chase- and jump into all the miracles and good times aye?

Tues: Pday. I finally went shopping. I really am not a big spender at all but if I do get anything, it is a bargain (I got it from my Momma!) a new skirt, really comfy- and short- plum heels (this store called Rivers, it is cheap as and so comfy- best place to shop for proselyting shoes) and a scarf for all under 25$ Cha-ching! 

But best part of the day was how we met a less active family with heaps of young women aged girls, and it was the best lesson on the Holy Ghost. Super spiritual and they connected the dots on their own that they feel the spirit strongest at church and then guess who showed up this last Sunday? They did!


Wed: We had to drive some sisters and their crashed car up to the car place but all the driving allowed us to listen to some great talks- I highly recommend John Byetheway's talk "Come to Christ" especially as it is about my favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon, Moroni 10:32, come unto Christ and be perfected in him. Oh and after being on a mission for nearly a year I finally got my first Church Headquarters Media referral that speaks "great English" which is translated to actually mean no English. So we keep smiling with them and dropping off more materials in Arabic on search for a translator which is non-existent.


Thur: My first exchange and the first time sisters have been brought back into an STL's area. So I stayed with Sis. Hoeft (Heft) she is from Tonga! She is so great! 
Sister Hoeft and Sister Rushing


I wish our area was more model-like that day but we learned diligence! She is a really hard worker and we walked HEAPS. Like I can't even express how much. All day. With no set appointments, I felt so bad. We kept joking how this was the "first and the last exchange" but we were really good about opening our mouths to talk to everyone, we got a few return appointments, placed a Book of Mormon, at least 10 pamphlets and over 20 pass-along cards. It was a success. Especially when a man we talked to at a bus stop briefly called us back that night because he was reading the pamphlet about the Restoration and finds it very interesting and wants a Book of Mormon.... and a food parcel. But he sounds quite sincere so hopefully he isn't just trying to use us for financial assistance. So that is Michael. Stay tuned!


Fri: I finished this read through of the Book of Mormon for the words of Christ. It is incredible how much he speaks directly and indirectly. After just skimming through those pages I don't know how anyone can claim that the Book of Mormon is not another testament of Jesus Christ. Every time I read it, I am brought closer to him. Same with the New Testament, I am in the different epistles of Paul right now and am really enjoying my studies so much! Trying to finish all the standard works before I go home! Oh and my next B of M read through is the doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost). We met our special friend number 3, Shelly. She is less active because she had a friend that told her that if she went to the Mormon church she'd go to hell, so.... she stopped going! haha We clarified one doctrine issue with a scripture in the bible and then all night we were getting texts about how much she loves us, that "she is a Mormon!" and she has again seen the light!  Another highlight was meeting our friend Osmond who wants to come and check out church. Was busy this week but hopefully the next! Oh and p.s. you know its the end of the month and your eczema cream was expensive when you practically dumpster dive your car for a 5 cent piece so you can afford a 30 cent soft serve cone from Maccas hahaha.


Sat: We visited a member who wants to prepare herself to go to the temple (oh how I love and miss the temple, one more month people! This zone is actually allowed to go and is going in July!!!!) she is older, is going through chemo right now but has the best attitude. Her parents are super healthy though and travel the world, are not members (yet) and tend to like us. So potential there as well. Also the Relief Society president is the best. She signs up for heaps of hours to just go out with us and visit certain sisters in the ward. Oh and my day was totally made when we had to go over to prairiewood for a carwash and the guy at the petro station saw our badges told us he was going to be baptized and how he is meeting with two young men that have changed his life with tears all in his eyes. I love this gospel, I love how it makes the sad happier and the happy happiest. It is the hole in people's hearts that sometimes they don't know is there. It is like the super solid recent convert here, Mele. She was Catholic growing up and had some direction but still was looking. Still was lost, wasn't sure what her purpose was and now is so found. She got kicked out of home and everything and said it is all worth it to have the fullness of the gospel and the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

Exchanges with the Villawood Sisters - her flat mates



Sun: We did splits with the other sisters for ward council and mission prep. I got to go to mission prep and it was so great. An amazing turn out and it was at 7 am! Well done! It was great roleplaying with these incredible future missionaries. Then we dropped by to see Shelly again after church- she is separating from her partner of 5 years to be closer to God, reading the scriptures again and is so happy to be going back to the gospel. She is a crack up! I love her. Then the YSA FHE to share a little thought after church and the hit was the Recent Convert Fireside. Mele spoke as well as one of the Sisters I live with, Sis. Kaufisi, she joined the church exactly a year before coming to serve a mission- I love her so much! She is amazing. Oh and Sis. Davis and I sang with two other sisters with 30 min notice for a musical item.... People said they heard me... #shootme. Welp! Want to learn to sing... serve a mission! haha (I've come along way since Teardrops on my Guitar Kate and Madawg haha) But the biggest miracle was Sam. Some guy that just showed up to the fireside, he felt the spirit so strong, and has the desire to learn about the gospel. He is from Syria but has lived in Australia for over 40 years. Which means he has perfect English and also speaks Aarabic/Assyrian- the golden investigator we have been fasting for as well as our soon to be translator for all the Arabic speaking potentials and referrals we have! We are meeting with him tonight and can't wait!


Mon: We had MLC, it was 5 hours but it flew by as we came together to account and counsel for the needs of our mission. It is great how much love there is. I love how well the counsels of the church work. Compare that to businesses and governments and it is so evident how much the spirit directs this church. Then made it back to our area in time for dinner and a meeting with a member of the Stake Presidency and the zone leaders to discuss how to increase the work between members and missionaries. The desire to do the work here is incredible.

We have a mission sign?  Who knew?  Guess that is what happens when you serve so far away from the mission home most your mission



Then this morning we had interviews with President and Sister Palmer. I really like them! I have been blessed with 2 great mission presidents and soon to be 3! He totally put me on the spot to share my testimony with him but it was great. I love the burning and warmth I feel every time I share it. I know this church is true. I know the Bible and Book of Mormon to be the word of God, I know this is the true restored gospel on the earth today. I know God answers prayers. I know that we have a Savior that lived, died and suffered for everyone of us, and through him we can truly be perfected and live with God and our families again.

Have the best week EVER! Heaps of loves,

Sister Rushing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment