Going on a kangaroo hunt!

Hey yous! :)
Surprise surprise! An email a few days before you were expecting one right?! Well, that is because today is our pday since president loves us enough to let us attend a baptism today of one  sister krzymowski's investigators from her last area! Yes, it is over 5 hours away BUT since we had to drive up 4 of those hours yesterday to just go to our zone meeting, it all ended up working out. :) I'm so happy that it has all worked out and I can't wait to witness the baptism of Tia. We meet her last night and she is so amazing and so prepared!
But back in Narooma! Miracles without end are happening! Especially with the less actives. I feel in our area this is where the best work can be done for the time being. And when you really think of it, enduring to the end is just as much a part of our purpose as is baptism. Less actives need just as much conversion as those who are not yet on the path. 
Jack is back! He will be at church this Sunday and we had a great lesson with him on prayer where the spirit totally took over. We ended up turning to the book of Enos, which happened to be his favourite scripture! His whole countenance has changed since we started meeting with him last transfer. It is amazing.
Then I just love Kathy! She is the perfectionist less active recent convert! Wow, talk about a title! haha But we had such an amazing lesson with her and made some great headway. I must admit though, I am totally in her "inner circle" now which is also a plus :) I told her that if by the time I go home she can feel confident in the gospel, then I can go home completely content! We set the goal of going to the temple and it will be an amazing journey for her. 
But the best miracle had to be with Sis Baghurst, another less active I just adore. She has some big decisions to make up ahead and I started going into how making big decisions help us really rely on the Lord, like for me serving a mission. Yet other decisions can be more obvious, like from your patriarchal blessing. Then she started mentioning how she has a patriarchal blessing and has been thinking about it a lot this week and how she thinks that it is too late for her to get those blessings, especially since she knows she isn't doing her part. We were able to testify it is never too late and as she does her part, they will be given. One thing she mentioned she needs to be doing but isn't, is reading the scriptures, she said that she can't manage to have enough time to read a whole chapter each night. We told her how she doesnt have to read a whole chapter and even can just open up at random and read a verse or two and how even that will give her what she needs to keep going. She was shocked. Really? Ok. Lets do it right now. She asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon, said a little prayer (and you best believe we were too) and she flipped open at random and read Alma 55:28.... all about reclaiming our blessings from God. It was absolutely incredible.
Then a more temporal miracle, but it totally strengthened my testimony of prayer even more! We were working in an area over an hour away that day and the few petrol stations on the way were closed already and we had about 34 k's left to go on 27 k's left of petrol. We said a prayer we would make it and right after we said amen, we looked and the remaining distance on the gps and the car both said 19 ks. It was a miracle and we not only made it home that night, but we also made the additional 6 ks to the petrol station the next morning. 
And now it is crazy to be back up in the Sydney south mission area haha We drove up to Nowra Thursday night, stayed at the sisters flat there and then drove up the last hour to our zone training meeting yesterday where I saw on the board "Final thoughts: Sis Rushing R.I.P." with a tombstone. Totally threw me off. I wasn't expecting that and in all honesty, it still hasn't hit me. What do I even share?! Sis Krzymowski told me to share my "pearls of wisdom" so I tried my best. But it is SO hard to put everything I have learned and how I feel into words but I will have to try my best to at least send some form of it to the other sisters that are not in our zone that I have worked with and love. 
And then after the meeting we left up to Parramatta. It is really the greatest thing ever. Even doing spilts here back in the Sydney area (teaching real lessons, seeing heaps of Polynesians, etc.) has brought back a lot of memories. I have had the best 17 months ever. I feel so blessed. Heavenly Father is always putting lessons in our path, it is just up to us to recognize them and learn from them. I love this gospel and this work so much. It is ridiculous. haha But baptism today and then a long drive back down to the south coast!
Heaps of love from down unda!
Sister Rushing :)
 
P.S. We went on a bear hunt on pday.. except the bears were kangaroos. Oh and Sis. Krzymowski colored my hair. I'm really blonde again. I'll send more pics next week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment