Hey yous!
This is
so surreal. We just got back from like two full days of traveling up to the
office and back for transfers. I have now said goodbye to the beautiful Sis.
Hoeft, who is on her way back to Tonga tonight. That was hard.
I have loved having companions from all over the world but have hated to have to say goodbye, especially when you never know when you will be able to see them again. But I have learned so much from her, as I have from every companion on my mission.
We had to splurge and get ice cream from the creamery under our chapel
I have loved having companions from all over the world but have hated to have to say goodbye, especially when you never know when you will be able to see them again. But I have learned so much from her, as I have from every companion on my mission.
And I cannot
wait to finish strong with Sister Krzymowski! But don't be fooled by the crazy
last name, she is from Utah, and I just adore her. We are actually a lot
alike, except she is way more loving and patient haha So I hope I will take
away a lot from her too so I can come home a really awesome person like she is!
She is the one that President said requested me and I obviously was super
excited, if it was what the Lord wanted, and after much prayer and fasting
President said it was! We have had some killer exchanges together so I know we
will work hard and see a lot of miracles!
But last
week...
-we had a
very busy last p-day cramming in most the bucket list
-the
STL's from Canberra came! Belconnen is still just flourishing! Still obsessed
with my first area (Forever and For Always)
-Finally
did some service in the yard (I really do enjoy it when it is for others Dad...
and you would be happy to know they were very impressed at how hard we worked!
I told them it was from A LOT of practice haha)
-I
finished reading Isaiah (I was obsessed)
-Had a
goodbye dinner with the Branch for Sis. Hoeft- only in a small Branch can you
feel apart of a family in just 6 weeks.
-Weekly
planning was harder for me than it was for my companion, even though it was her
last one, because it was my "last planner" (yeah, I wish I could be
as calm as Sis. Hoeft)
-The one
promising referral we came into the area with MOVED. But we are now teaching
his flat mate, who use to date a witch and knows lots about Black Magic and the
bad stuff so wants to learn about the good stuff. I knew we could find some
interesting people in Narooma too!
-The only
person placed in our path this week when we were walking around is a minister
from the Anglican Church that remembered her family meeting with missionaries
when she was a little girl. Coincidence? I think not!
-Great
lesson with Daphne. Got to focus on the spiritual answers rather than logic
with her. And cannot wait to follow up! :)
-We drove
up to stay at the Mission Home and just got to have dinner with the Backs. I love
them so much. But I so have not missed dealing with all the crazy stuff going on
up in the Sydney mission. I love being far out! Canberra and South Coast
mission for life!
But I am
so ready to finish STRONG. I honestly am in denial though that this is the last
transfer. Time just slows down in a good way out here, I love never hearing
planes (one day in Sydney was too much for me during transfers), not being
around other missionaries (reminding you), but I love just being out in
paradise working and relying solely upon the Lord to do His work. But while
being in denial, I think I have admitted to myself that it will be hard going
home. It is a good thing I am heartless and not super emotional because
otherwise I might just find myself randomly crying all the time just because I
love being a missionary that much. I have really come to understand the power
and authority that come with this call to serve and I couldn't imagine my life
any other way. I now know this was part of Heavenly Father's plan for me and I
am so glad I followed it. Often we are praying so much for "our will to be
done" rather than "thy will to be done." But why make God lower
what he has in mind for us? The more you trust Him, submit to His will, and
live his commandments the happier you will be. I love this work and I love
serving his children and my brothers and sisters here in Australia. Because I
have been given much I too must give!
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment