Sunshine in My Soul Today


Hey yous! Sorry the letter is a day late, a public holiday yesterday so our good ole national library was closed but a great week!
 

Started with bowling last p-day with the district and some elders from the neighbooring district. I won both games #humility But the rest of pday we continued to hear lots of worldly music, including some TSwizzle. It was a very apostate pday.
 
Heaps of miracles again! Great lessons with some less actives, we ran into an investigator we have been trying to get in touch with at the grocery store because hey- we wanted a magnum bar for the walk home (it was a good sunny day), a new golden investigator we worked with and we will see her again today! And our investigator with the bapstismal date (pushed back obviously, still need to tackle word of wisdom) prayed last lesson which was good and now has recieved all the lessons besides the commandments and such.
 

Weekly planning consisted of us moving our lovely mustard couches to the back porch and having "plan and tan" since it takes like 2-3 hours to tan. So we have had some sunny spring days but then rain, and heaps of wind. Kinda bipolar here in Canberra but I would love some more sunshine. So we will keep singing "There is sunshine in my soul today" for our opening hymn for companionship study :)
 
President and Sister Lew came down with the APs for our zone conference. I was one of the 4 missionaries speaking. I was asked to speak on finding. I made it pretty enthusiastic and people seemed to recieve it well! Hopefully I didn't just increase my chances of training again next transfer (50 new missionaries) and shot gunning a new area. I really don't want to leave. I have THE BEST ward. Besides Lacamas Creek back in the couve, I hear they have a pretty killer bishop ;)


 
Saw my first poisonous spider... in the flat... white tail... #killedthat
 
And then yesterday we had the best pday at Floriade with two sisters in the ward! We did a picnic and looked at the booths (more booths than flowers) and reminded me of Saturday market or some fun touristy thing and then we had FROZEN CUSTARD. Mmmm.



 
The work is good, I am happy, the usual... Again- thanks for the loves and prayers. I will keep working hard and I hope the Lord is blessing yall back home as much as he is blessing me. There is no better feeling than having the Holy Spirit with you all the time as you do the Lord's work, his way and get to be the hands making his miracles happen.
 
Lots of love from Australia!
Sister Rushing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment