Sick, Studying and Slob. That about sums it up!

Week #10 Wollongong


Hey yous! Lets cut to the chase eh? :)

Tuesday: Lavinia, the main less active we work with got her kids back in her custody! She was beaming! And she knows it’s the blessings of the gospel. Her 8 year old isn't baptized yet and also wants the lessons. And Lavinia said she wants to take her whole family back to church with her.... and then she caught herself and said "in time" :) We still think there might be some drug issues but we shall see! Then miracle less active visit to Pam. I went there once before and she was very clear about how she was offended in a little small branch out in Dubbo (hardcore outback) where a lot of things were not happening as they should. But this was perfect timing. She said how she knows the church is true, misses feeling the Holy Ghost constantly, and wants to give Wollongong a chance. She is wonderful! Then we hosted the FHE night since Sister Wiperi was in hospital recovering from a surgery. We did a cool Easter lesson with the fake eggs from my Easter package and we made 12 different symbols of Christ's atonement and found scriptures to go along with our "resurrection eggs" and then we put the elders on the food... they were stressing like crazy but the Asian elders saved the day and it was really good. But for my "diet" I resisted cookies AND brownies. With God, all things really are possible. haha But we had a great turnout of investigators and less actives. So it was a total success!
Happy Easter from Down Under!

Wednesday: Sister Larson sick day 1. She came down with a nasty cold. Sister Qi and I had to drop of the car to get serviced (then later had to go and replace all 4 tires, apparently one that we were driving on was also a spare haha) and our trek back felt like the walking days in Canberra, except the massive hills and the fact that you actually SEE PEOPLE! So got to do some street contact as well :) Oh and walking also means remixing more songs with missionary lyrics, the current remix is of Shania Twain's From This Moment On... its gonna be gooooood. Then we also went to a dinner appointment with a recent convert and his wife, Lucy, that just came from China. We were able to teach her the first lesson while poor Sister Larson was home with the other sisters. Lucy is great. Going from step one though, just helping her know there is a God, he loves her, she can communicate with him through prayer and how to recognize answers and the Holy Ghost. And for me... I better start working on my Mandarin!
Sick day with Sister Larson


Thursday: Sister Larson sick day 2. But on the Brightside I finished reading Matthew and then read all of Mark! :) Also found out we get 1800 k's for the car each month and not 1300.... and since the mission is tight on k's we willingly sacrificed 100, so now we have a rocking 1700 k's each month! #score Oh and pranked back Sister Hala for the possum poop prank by writing her a fake letter. It looked so real and she so fell for it!

Friday: Sister Larson was still sick! Poor girl! But she sacrificed herself to go to a dinner apt that night because she knew how excited I was for the homemade raspberry gelato and cheesecake (especially with our healthy diet which allows us to only eat dessert or anything besides fruit, veggies and bland protein at members homes). P.S. The Australian etiquette is so hard. The use their left hand for their fork... and I'm really trying to adapt (white hand book status, exact obedience people...) but I struggle and always make a mess. So Mama Perusco made a joke out of it and gave my seat, and my seat only, 3 placemats and then a towel!


Saturday: Sister Larson also still sick. But somehow during all her sick days all of out apts cancelled without fail (more than what usually cancels!) So on Saturday I finished reading Luke. I kept joking about how bad I felt that she was sick but how much I was enjoying reading the New Testament!  But then we had MCM and dinner at Bishops, with a sweet as bonfire. That was awesome. But Amy, who has the baptismal date, single mum, etc. starting texting us with heaps of concerns and is going through a rough patch, so please keep her in your prayers.

Sunday: Had a great study for Amy's needs (fasting works heaps) but she didn't make it to church or to our appt. but at least she rescheduled for tomorrow. Lucy came though! But she is also pregnant and so left after sacrament (bloody morning sickness). But we also visited Sister Wiperi and gave her some post surgery flowers as well as a less active we work with who is always sick (immune disease) but actually made it to church this Sunday as well! Oh and you know you're acquiring a cussing problem when you say Bloody Hell at a members home, but then they aren't phased at all because its not cussing to them.....

Well everyone. I thought I had nothing to say this week because of the sick days but trying to give more deats due to certain requests.... (you know who you are) but Sister Larson is healthy as now and all is well. Heaps of miracles this upcoming week I am sure. I DID, believe it or not, eat healthy all this week and run every morning. I am down 4 lbs and we won't discuss how many more I have to go. But again, being physically as healthy as I am spiritually is good. And just as our bodies need exercise and good food so does our spirits. Feed them with the word of God, the scriptures. Study everyday! I love how much we study! It is honestly one of my favorite things about being a missionary! I love you all heaps and I love this work. This is the true church on the earth today, I know it without a doubt, if you don't... test it out! Search, ponder and pray, and you too will know it. Have a great week!


Heaps of Love from Down Unda!
Sista Rushing

*work on those soft R's all yous Americans!

No comments:

Post a Comment